The Options team is growing, and we’re looking for passionate and talented individuals who want to see this 34-year-old publication remain a vibrant and vital asset to our local LGBTQ community. A number of positions — a mix of volunteer and paid — are open and waiting for you to. Do you have an eye for detail, or strong skills in the areas of writing, planning, organization, or staff management? Perhaps you have legal knowledge of the publishing industry or experience in advertising sales. If any of this sounds like you, please consider joining the Options team!
We’re looking to fill roles that address the following areas of the editing and publishing process:
Managing the style and content of the publication:
- Researching local and national LGBTQ news
- Developing and managing an editorial calendar
- Assigning articles to writers and working with them to develop a narrative
- Choosing articles to be included in the publication
- Communicating with writers to clarify points or offer guidance
Ensuring accuracy and quality:
- Copy editing
Putting it all together:
- Managing the layout process.
- Working with our designer to make design choices that enhance the content
- Planning photo shoots
If you are interested in working with us, please reach out to me to learn more! Contact email@example.com.